You are offered a key role within Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (“SFBF”) working closely with the Management team to ensure that all critical functions meet requirements, best practice and that any potential risks are identified, mitigated and managed. SFBF will operate under the supervision of the Swedish FSA and you will be a central part in all dialogues and projects on our compliance with local laws, adherence to the EU BMR, ESMA guidelines and other applicable legislations. Through this position you will gain access to a large network among the Swedish banks, the Swedish FSA and other stakeholders.
To further strengthen the risk and compliance competence in the company, we are looking for a Head of Risk and Compliance who will report directly to the Managing Director and join our vibrant team in Stockholm at Blasieholmen.
About the role
The Risk and Compliance function is responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to external and internal rules and legislations, along with general compliance expectations as well as ensuring an efficient risk management. As Head of Risk and Compliance your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring SFBF has in place best practice governance, control and accountability arrangements to align the organisation and its activities with regulatory requirements, and industry standards
- Ensuring a coherent and consistent practice standard across SFBF, including services which are outsourced to third parties
- Ensuring oversight, controls, risk management and compliance
- The role involves active participation in the Risk and Compliance Committee, and regular reporting to the SFBF Board of Directors and Oversight Committee
- Critical review of SFBF policies, procedures and work practices on an ongoing basis
- If required, conduct reviews on whistleblowing notifications
- Undertake and participate in regulatory audits as and when required
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Communicates professionally in a style appropriate to the audience and context
- Are reliable and dedicated to outcomes
- Have a good business understanding and high integrity
- Are analytical, think ahead and anticipate questions
- Are eager to learn and to use your knowledge and skills in a productive way
- Display self-leadership, good judgement and prioritise work tasks appropriately
- Are a team player
Your experience and background
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with compliance and/or risk in a financial business, preferably regulated/supervised, or regulatory authority
- Knowledge of the financial market legislations, preferably Industry standards including the IOSCO Principles for Financial Benchmarks 2013, relevant ESMA Guidelines and the Benchmark Regulation 2016 (BMR)
- Legal education or equivalent
- Fluency in English, as well as Swedish, is required
In this recruitment The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is cooperating with Skoog Stjerna. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter via the Apply now-function below. Should you have any questions or queries regarding the position you are welcome to contact Valter Stjerna at +46 733 40 09 04.
Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (SFBF)
The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility is an independent benchmark administrator, specifically established to administer the Stockholm Interbank Offered Rate, known as STIBOR. STIBOR has been classified as a critical interest rate benchmark. SFBF is in the process for seeking authorisation from the Swedish FSA, Finansinspektionen to operate as an approved Administrator under European Benchmark Regulation (EU BMR).
Our primary purpose is to provide a best practice governance environment for the STIBOR benchmark applying international guidelines and regulations, overseen by an independent Oversight Committee. The Swedish Financial Benchmark Facility (SFBF) is a subsidiary to Financial Benchmarks Sweden AB, a subdivision of Svenska Bankföreningen. For more info see www.swfbf.se